Welcome to the young carers page. Here we will be posting all the things we will be doing for these incredible children.
Watch this space for whether we achieve our Bronze Award!!
Harwich Community Primary School & Nursery is committed to develop provision for young carers and their families.
We will capture the commitment by widening our provision, building on the needs of the young people and better meet young carers' needs by reviewing Harwich Community Primary School & Nursery provision for young carers with a view to ultimately achieving best practice.
How will we achieve this:
- The whole school is committed to meeting the needs of young carers so that they can attend and enjoy school in the same way as other pupils and achieve their potential.
- Appointing two young Carers' School Lead with responsibility for the young carers and their families. Pupils and families will be made aware of the identity of these two leads and how to contact them to access support.
- The school only shares information with professionals and agencies on a need to know basis in order to support pupils and their families.
- Harwich Community Primary School & Nursery will actively seek feedback and ideas from young carers and their families to shape and improve support.
- The school has an effective referral system and strong partnership in place with relevant external agencies, including referral to Young Carers agencies providing key workers who will work with young carers and families.
We will strive to achieve best practice for students and families in our school in order to provide them with the best chance of success in their future.