Welcome to Year Six!
In this class, you will find the class teacher: Miss Curle; supported by our LSA's: Mrs Arnold and Mrs Sitton. We cannot wait to help support you on your journey throughout your time in year six.
This year our topics will be:
Autumn Term: World War 2
Spring Term: Social History
Summer Term: Crime and Punishment
- Our P.E. days this term will be on a Wednesday and a Thursday and will be taught by Mr Boulton.
- Earrings need to be removed for all P.E. lessons, ideally at home before coming to school.
- Homework will be set on a Monday and needs to be handed in on a Friday. This will consist of spellings and then something linked to our learning in class
- Reading continues to be a main priority this year. Our class author is David Almond and we will be exploring a book of his per term. We will also be reading another book linked to each of our topics.
- The children will be rewarded for reading at home, each time they do they will get a sticker on a bookmark. Once they get 10, they can have a prize out of our dippy box in class.
- SAT's week takes place during May 2024. Further details will be sent out nearer the time.
- We will be identifying children that would benefit from boosters towards the end of Autumn Term and again will be letting you know.
- Class Dojo is a good form of communication between us and the adults in class will endeavour to reply as soon as possible.
- We will always collect the children off the playground in the mornings and bring them out at home time so this could be another time to catch us.
Thank you for your continued support. Here's to an amazing year together!