When answering the questions below please write in full sentences and try to use evidence from the text to prove what you mean.
1) On page 30, how did Rosie know that the family had been thrown out of their home before she’d asked them?
2) Why were the children so scared of the workhouse?
3) On page 32, why is Mrs Jarvis’s voice suddenly ‘steady and stronger’?
4) How do you think Mrs Jarvis felt when she had to leave Lizzie and Emily?
5) ‘Jim daren’t look at her. He daren’t listen to the sounds that she was making now that they were into the day” (pg. 36)
What is the author suggesting Jim’s mother is doing here?
Today you are going to imagine that you are either Emily or Lizzie who have just been left at the 'Big House' and write a note to your Mum. In the video below I am having a go at writing a note you can use that to help you along but make sure you add some of your own work.
Read through the PDFs below and have a go at the task post a picture of your completed work onto dojo portfolios
I am looking forward to seeing your writing, especially the texts from the ‘hot’/’on fire’ chilli challengers! :-)