The History of our School.
The school was originally sited on Main Road and opened on 9 September 1896. It was for girls and infants only, boys were admitted in 1950. The fabric of the building was local red brick with bath stone dressings. On 1 June 1940 pupils were evacuated and the building was used for military purposes. In 1953 the basement was damaged during the floods. At one stage the school could accommodate 458 children.